Treating Customers Fairly
At Tilsun Group, customer service is a passion of ours and part of the ethos of the company since we were founded in 1998. Linked to the service levels we strive to provide to our customers is the act of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), which is one of the principles set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for all firms regulated by themselves. Because of the range of companies and firms regulated by the FCA, Treating Customers Fairly isn’t a blanket policy and will change from company to company depending upon their size and the types of activity they undertake, below we cover what TCF means and how it will impact your dealings with Tilsun Group.
There are 6 outcomes which have been identified by the FCA as the core features of TCF, these are:
Outcome 1: Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
Outcome 2: Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
Outcome 3: Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
Outcome 4: Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
Outcome 5: Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is both of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
Outcome 6: Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
What does this mean for you?
Tilsun Group adopted the idea of TCF right from the outset of our formation and we continue to value our customers and strive to deliver the best service we can, with our customer’s best interests at the forefront of our actions. Therefore you can expect the following when dealing with us:
- We listen to our customers and assess their needs and requirements on an individual basis.
- Any information provided by us is stated clearly and accurately to ensure there is no ambiguity or misleading of our customers.
- All of our pricing is clear and transparent, both on the website and on any quotation or documentation you may receive from us.
- We are open about any fees we may charge or receive in our Initial Disclosure Document.
- We will remain in contact throughout the product lifecycle to ensure everything is ok and providing answers to any queries you may have.
How do Tilsun Group intend to continue Treating Customers Fairly?
TCF is a continuous process which evolves with the needs of our customers as well as with any changes within the industry, to ensure we continue to comply with TCF we have implemented numerous processes, including:
- Regular auditing of telephonic and electronic correspondence from our staff to our customers.
- Monthly development training for our sales staff to ensure that we are doing all we can for our customers and remaining compliant.
- Continuous investment and improvement of both our internal systems and our website.
- Ongoing review of FCA materials and attendance to workshops and conferences to further our knowledge base to ensure that we provide only our best possible service to customers.
Is there anything you as a customer can do to help us?
There are many things you can do to help us deliver the best possible service to you, including:
- Ensure any information you provide is as accurate as possible.
- Read any information you see from us carefully, this includes adverts and correspondence direct to you.
- Many of our products include a “cooling off” period as part of the process, this period is required by law and you should use it to fully consider whether to proceed.
- Keep a keen eye on your financial situation by utilising one of the many credit report services which are now available.
- If you are unsure over anything or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss them.
What to do if you feel you haven’t been treated fairly.
A key point in our adherence to the philosophy of TCF is how we treat our customers in the event of a complaint. Whilst we strive to provide the best service possible, there are rare occasions whereby things can go wrong and if you have a complaint about any part of your interaction or dealing with us, we would like to know about it.
Full details about our complaints procedure can be found on our website: http://www.tilsungroup.com/complaint-procedure